Our Websites may contain other links that will direct you to other websites operated by other entities. However, please note that such other websites are not bound by this Policy. In such case, you have to read their privacy policies and bear all risks on your own of using such other websites. We bear no liabilities for any losses and damages you may be incurred therefrom.
We may collect your Personal Data through the following channels, and process or use it.
Collection, Processing, or Use of Personal Data
- Registration details: we may collect your Personal Data through your registration to use our Websites, products, or services.
- Websites visit: we may collect your Personal Data through your visiting our Websites or exploiting features or resources available on our Websites.
- Contact and business cooperation: we may collect your Personal Data through other contract channels (e.g., you contact us via e-mail or telephone, providing us with your business card, or applying for our job), opportunities of contact (e.g., during meetings, trade shows, or sales calls), or business cooperation (e.g., R&D, business or supply relations, or provision of consultation services to us).
- Data you make public: we may collect your Personal Data that you manifestly choose to make public, including via social media, and public post you made on the internet.
- Content and advertising information: if you interact with any third party content or advertising on our Websites (including third party plugins and cookies), we receive Personal Data from the relevant third party provider of that content or advertising.
- Third party information: we may collect your Personal Data from third parties who provide it to us (e.g., credit reference agencies, or law enforcement authorities).
- Usage data: we collect information that our servers receive and store when you visit our Websites, such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics to collect, monitor and analyze your Personal Data.
The Personal Data we may collect, process or use are as follows.
Categories of Personal Data Collected, Processed, or Used
- Personal information: e.g., name, address, identity card number, gender, birth/age, nationality, preferred name, title, language preference, photo, phone number, email address, messenger app details, and social media details.
- Employment information: e.g., employer, occupation, employment record, work experience, qualification, license, education, profession, conferences, seminars and trade shows attendance information, business relations, language capabilities, and other professional skills.
- Consent record: records of any consents you have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g., the subject matter of the consent).
- Information relating to our Websites: device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to the Websites, username, password, security login details, usage data, and aggregate statistical information.
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platforms.
We may collect, process, or use your Personal Data based on the following Specific Purposes.
Specific Purposes of Collecting, Processing, or Using Personal Data
- Provision or improvement of Websites, products, and services: providing our Websites, products, or services, communicating with you in relation to those Websites, products, or services, identifying issues with our Websites, products, or services, planning improvements to our Websites, products, or services, and creating new Websites, products, or services.
- Operating our business: operating and managing our Websites, our products, and our services, providing content to you, displaying advertising and other information to you, communicating and interacting with you via our Websites, our products, or our services, and notifying you of changes to any of our Websites, our products, or our services.
- Communications and marketing: communicating with you via any means (including via email, telephone, text message, social media, post or in person), providing news items and other information in which you may be interested, maintaining and updating your contact information where appropriate, and obtaining your prior opt-in consent where required.
- Management of IT systems: management and operation of our communications, IT and security systems, audits (including security audits) and monitoring of such systems, retention; retention of records of log on/out and access details.
- Surveys: engaging with you for the purposes of obtaining your views on our Websites, our products, or our services.
- Vendor management.
- Investigations: detecting, investigating and preventing breaches of internal rules or policies, and criminal offences, in accordance with applicable law.
- Legal compliance: compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations under applicable law.
- Establishment, exercise and defense of legal claims: management, exercise and defense of legal claims or rights, establishment of facts and claims, including collection, review and production of documents, facts, evidence and witness statements.
- Recruitment and job applications: recruitment activities, advertising of positions, interview activities, analysis of suitability for the relevant position, records of hiring decisions, offer details, and acceptance details.
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties, subject to the Specific Purposes under Section 4 of this Policy.
Third Parties We May Share Your Personal Data with
- Other entities within the VisEra group.
- The third party you agreed.
- Legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation.
- Our accountants, auditors, consultants, lawyers and other outside professional advisors, subject to binding contractual obligations of confidentiality.
- Third party processors (such as payment services providers, shipping companies, web hosting or maintenance services providers, information services providers, etc.), located anywhere in the world.
- Any relevant party, regulatory body, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or rights.
- Any relevant party, regulatory body, governmental authority, law enforcement agency or court, for the purposes of prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offenses or the execution of criminal penalties.
Processing and Use of Personal Data
- We will process and use your Personal Data within the territory of Taiwan in accordance with this Policy as well as applicable laws relating to the protection of Personal Data.
- International transfer of Personal Data: because of the international nature of our business, we may need to transfer your Personal Data to third parties as noted in Section 5 above in other countries. Please note such other countries may have different laws and data protection compliance requirements to those that apply in Taiwan.
- Profiling: we may process or use the content of any communications that you send to, or receive from, any VisEra personnel, for the purposes of data loss prevention and protection of our intellectual property. This may include building profiles of threat patterns or suspected breaches of our security. This profiling activity may affect the privacy of your communications with VisEra personnel. We encourage you not to disclose sensitive Personal Data or other information in a highly confidential or deeply personal nature during such communications.
We may process or use your Personal Data during the period where the Specific Purposes stated in Section 4 last or as applicable law permits, and retain your Personal Date for the period required by applicable law or 15 years after the Specific Purposes no longer exit (whichever is longer).
The Period Personal Data May Be Processed or Used
To protect your Personal Data, our Website hosting has been equipped with firewalls, anti-virus systems and other necessary devices or measures for information security and protection. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, and destruction.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we care about your Personal Data very much and have implemented reasonable measures to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet or stored on the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you are responsible for ensuring that any Personal Data you send to us are sent securely.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
You may adjust the settings of your browser to high privacy to refuse all Cookies when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Websites.
Cookies are used to: (1) providing you with better experience in using our Websites based on your needs; (2) improving quality of our Website services by collecting the information about the web pages browsing.
You may contact us through the channels in Section 12 of this Policy and make an inquiry of and to review your Personal Data, to request a copy of your Personal Data, to supplement or correct your Personal Data, to demand the cessation of the collection, processing or use of your Personal Data, and to erase your Personal Data.
You can choose not to provide your Personal Data to us. However, if you choose to do so, we may not be able to offer you full experience of our Websites, products, or services, or the Specific Purposes as in the Section 4 may not be served.
We may amend this Policy due to the need for collecting, processing or using Personal Data or changes in the technology or laws. Any amendments to this Policy will take effect immediately on its publication. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully and check this Website frequently to access its update, to secure your interests.
If you request to exercise the rights under Section 10 of this Policy or you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
VisEra Technologies Company Limited
No. 12, Dusing Rd. 1, Hsin-Chu Science Park, Hsin-Chu City, Taiwan 300
Telephone: +886 6668788
You may also contact us through the channels provided on the “Contact Us” page on our Websites.